Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1

We started off day 1 with some awesome gluten-free pancakes from Hy-Vee smothered in a little bit of 100% maple syrup accompanied by a small plate of eggs and Strawberry Shortcake coffee. I don't remember if I snacked much this morning but the kids had tons of fruit: bananas, apples, blackberries.

Then for lunch my dad and I had a salad with spinanch and romaine lettuce, avocado, tomato, cashews, raw sunflower seeds, chicken left over from my meal last night, fresh mushrooms, and light balsimic vinegarette dressing. It was great. I snacked all afternoon on cashews and celery with peanut butter. The kids loved them!!!

Supper completed the day with rotisserie chicken, baked sweet potato, and another salad. We also made some broccoli for the kids since they don't eat much salad and a Dannon strawberry Greek yogurt a 1/2 hour later.

I found myself feeling good about what I had consummed during the day but still starving and looking around the kitchen to see what would fill the void. My dad seems to think it is due to the lack of the "addictive" glutin but I seem to think that it may be related to the 500+ calories I should be consumming due to breast feeding....I think I need to eat more and drink more water tomorrow!

No comments: