Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Potty Training Day #1

Earlier this fall, I became an avid watcher of a new CBS show called The Talk. It is geared toward SAHM and I always get something great tidbit of information from it. Last week, they had Nicole Richie and a pediatrician on the show talking about toxins and our children. They started talking about diapers and the fact that the white ones contain bleach, chlorine, and other chemicals and it got me thinking about switching to Seventh Generation brand of chlorine-free diapers. That got me re-visiting the idea of cloth-diapering for Zoe and Jace so I don't continue to spend my life savings on diapering two children or even potty-training Jace since he is over 2. (Izzy was potty-trained fully during the day by now.)

Since yesterday was a snow day, I decided today would be the day we started the lengthy process that is "Potty Training". After a really nasty diaper, we put on the Yo Gabba underwear that he got for Christmas and began the fun!! All and all he did really well and only had 2 accidents! He woke up dry from nap and after sledding and he even pooped in the potty chair in his "office".
Caution: The following pic may be too vulgar for some of your eyes but here he is showing how proud of himself he was.....

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Nice work Jace! Your such a good mama Jennie.:)

Kristin said...

Love it! I like the black out box! :)